Nasz dom, nasze aranżacje
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Will Julio Jones skip Falcons opener Rec

Go down

Will Julio Jones skip Falcons opener Rec Empty Will Julio Jones skip Falcons opener Rec

Pisanie by ymakerpi8d Pon Cze 05, 2023 3:13 am

The aren't the only team in the NFL dealing with wide receiver drama, it appears the are also now dealing with some of their own and it involves wide receiver .No, Jones hasn't or threatened to , but it's starting to sound like the Falcons star receiver is mulling over the po sibility of sitting out Atlanta's opener on Sunday if he doesn't get a new contract.According , things got a little weird at practice on Thursday for Jones. For one, the receiver was acting 'different' at practice, which included him apparently deciding that he didn't really want to go through drills.The next bad sign for the Falcons came during his pre s conference when Jones was asked Lane Thomas Jersey if he was going to play on Sunday against the . "I ," Jones said, via the team's official Twitter account.If you're the Falcons, that's not exactly what you want to hear when your team is le s than 72 hours away from playing its opener. Although Jones said he didn't know if he would be playing, he did promise to stay ready."What I'm trying to do Adam Wainwright Jersey right now is be ready," Jones said. "It's no 'If I'm going to play or not going to play,' I'm trying to be out there. Regardle s, coming back from injury and things like that. The ultimate thing is being ready when my number is called."Based on his actions on Thursday, it doesn't seem like Jones is very happy with the Falcons and that's likely directly related to the fact that the team hasn't given him a contract extension that they've promised him all offseason. In early August, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said a new deal was around the corner."We continue to have our negotiations. I'm confident, I don't have an exact timeline, but I'm not concerned about it, ," Dimitroff said on Aug. 9. "It's just a matter of where it's all going to land. Andrew Knizner Jersey As you know, you get a little creative and see how it is. I think it's around the corner."Dimitroff must have been talking about a big corner because it's now been more than three weeks and there's still no deal, which has obviously led to some serious frustration for Jones. Falcons owner Arthur Blank was also asked about a potential new deal this week and "very, very close.""I'd be surprised and disappointed if ," Blank said. "I think it's very reasonable to a sume it will get done this week."Of course, that answer came on Tuesday, and again, there's still no deal.As for Jones, he seemed to realize the enormity of his comments about po sibly skipping the Falcons' opener, because he did slightly change his tune by the end of his pre s conference. Before he left the podium Thursday, he was asked if there was any "chance you won't play?" "No. As far as me, what I'm doing is getting me ready to go," Jones said.Although that might sound rea suring to Falcons fans, he then got a little vague at the end of his answer."Whatever Dan Quinn make or whoever - Bud Norris Jersey - the organization and myself -- make the decision when it's time, we make that decision," Jones said. "It's no like, 'If he'll play, if he's not going to play.' We're doing everything we planned."To recap, Jones isn't sure he's going to play but he might play. If the Falcons get a contract done in the next 48 hours, no one will remember this ever happened, but if a deal doesn't get done, there could be some serious drama on Sunday. As things currently stand, Jones still has two years left on an extension . Under the terms of that contract, Jones is scheduled to make $9.6 million in 2019 and $11.4 Ken Boyer Jersey million in 2020, which makes him one of the most underpaid receivers in the NFNL.

ymakerpi8d
Starszy Ekspert
Starszy Ekspert

Liczba postów : 166

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry