Nasz dom, nasze aranżacje
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Former draft bust Ryan Leaf sees similar

Go down

Former draft bust Ryan Leaf sees similar Empty Former draft bust Ryan Leaf sees similar

Pisanie by ymakerpi8d Pon Cze 05, 2023 3:31 am

2019 season, so far, is the definition of a sophomore slump. Through six games, Mayfield, who last year set the NFL record for touchdown pa ses by a rookie quarterback, has completed just 56.6 percent of his pa ses. He's also thrown just five touchdown pa ses while to sing a league high 11 interceptions. His poor play is among the main reasons why Martin Prado Jersey the , a trendy preseason pick to win the AFC North division, is 2-4 entering their Week 7 bye.Ryan Leaf, arguably the biggest draft bust in NFL history, sees similarities between himself and Mayfield. The No. 2 overall pick of the San Diego in the 1998 draft (right behind Peyton Manning, who was taken by the with the first overall pick), Leaf completed le s than 50 percent of his pa s attempts in 25 career games while compiling a 4-17 record as an NFL starting quarterback. Leaf's poor play led to brash talk and altercations with the media, something ."When things start to go bad, you put yourself out there in this form," Leaf recently said on "The Rich Eisen Show," via USA Today Sports. "And people can easily attack it. I have a very small sample size: 2-0 to start my NFL career. Talking a lot of smack. And then I walk into Kansas Nick Wittgren Jersey City and put up the worst football game of my existence."After a 2-0 start to his career, Leaf's career took a permanent downturn in Week 3 of his rookie season. Playing on a rain-soaked Arrowhead Stadium field, Leaf went 1 of 15 for four yards while throwing two interceptions. He followed that performance up with a four-interception outing the following week in a lo s to the . Leaf finished his rookie season with two touchdowns, 15 interceptions and a 3-7 record as the Chargers' starting quarterback. Instead of taking his proverbial medicine, Leaf was unable to control his emotions, getting into as well as with media members. His lack of maturity, coupled by his inability to play winning football on Sundays, led to his career being over after just four seasons."I've always been this brash, arrogant kind of guy," said Leaf, who was hired by ESPN earlier this year to serve as a college football commentator. "That's the way Kyle Barraclough Jersey I came back at everybody instead of just walking up in front of the camera and going, 'Oh my God. This was my fault. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure this doesn't happen again.' And hearing Baker on Sunday -- even though small -- blame the officials for some calls is problematic for me because as a quarterback, you want to be able to stand up in front of everybody and take personal accountability."While Leaf is seeing some red flags with regard to Mayfield, , Mayfield's position coach in Cleveland, believes that his quarterback's struggles can mostly be attributed to Miguel Rojas Jersey opposing defenses this season. " Defenses are mixing up coverages," he said, via Cleveland.com's May Kay Cabot. "It's something you see with everybody when guys go from their first to second year. Everybody builds a book on different guys scouting report-wise. He's going to see different looks. People have looked at his tape last year, too, and we're seeing how people play him differently."We'll continue to see how he can react and adapt to those things and we'll also change what we do."Lindley added that Mayfield has some technical things that he needs to correct, too. "Sometimes it's with his feet, he speeds himself up," he said. "At times he thinks maybe too quickly, his feet follow up and you're trying to catch up. Jorge Alfaro Jersey It's a variety of different things. Whether it's his feet, whether it's his mind at times, we all need to iron it down and get on the same page."One thing that Lindley did not seem concerned about is Mayfield's attitude and demeanor, something that continues to be called into question by media members that now includes Leaf."On a day-to-day basis, you still see the things he does on the field and the way he carries himself," he said. "The best part is he's still young and he's still growing. You see what that kid's going to become and what he is and that's something special.''

ymakerpi8d
Starszy Ekspert
Starszy Ekspert

Liczba postów : 166

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry