Nasz dom, nasze aranżacje
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Troy Aikman approves of Cowboys decision

Go down

Troy Aikman approves of Cowboys decision Empty Troy Aikman approves of Cowboys decision

Pisanie by ymakerpi8d Pon Cze 05, 2023 2:45 am

Mike Nolan is out after just one year as defensive coordinator for the , and it's Dan Quinn attempting to ride into town and save the day in 2021. With the hiring of Quinn comes the beneath him, with Antoine Morand Men Jersey more to come, to put him in the best po sible position to succeed. At least one NFL legend believes things will work out well for both sides, and that person is Troy Aikman -- someone who knows a little something about winning in North Texas.In speaking recently with The Musers on 96.7 FM in Dallas, the Hall of Famer gave a nod and a thumbs up at the move."I think it's a good hire," Aikman said. "I've always liked Dan, I think he's a good coach. ... I Pontus Aberg Men Jersey thought that Dan would be a good hire for them. Dan took over for a couple years as defensive coordinator and they were number one for both years he was there in Seattle. The never were quite as good on defense as what I think a lot of people thought they would be -- considering Dan's background as a defensive coach -- but yeah, I think he's a really good football NHL Anaheim Ducks Women Jersey coach."Aikman's approval doesn't come without a concern, though. "There are holes in the defense personnel-wise," he pointed out. "Those things have to be addre sed. I've always believed that on the defensive side of the ball it's more of a mindset. If you can get guys rallying to the football and playing at a certain level that you can do a lot of good things on the defensive side of the ball, and you don't nece sarily have to have the best players."His point is one the Cowboys are far from naive about.Owner Jerry Jones spoke with glee in 2020 at the po sibility of overhauling his defense in a way that might allow them to match serve with the offense and, if not, to at least potentially climb out of the league's basement and into a more manageable spot. To achieve that goal, they'll need to do more than hit the reset button at coordinator -- a wise Derek Grant Jersey move in and of itself -- but to also addre s needs at key positions such as safety (outside of ), cornerback (outside of ) and on the defensive interior, while also making sure they refine their depth at defensive end behind and ; with the jury still being out . Quinn brings Ryan Getzlaf Kids Jersey a reversion to the 4-3 with a slight caveat, which is a good start and U-turn from the failed hybrid system Nolan attempted to install, and without an offseason to do so. If the Cowboys can load his defense with talent, they'll have something cooking in 2021.

ymakerpi8d
Starszy Ekspert
Starszy Ekspert

Liczba postów : 166

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry