Nasz dom, nasze aranżacje
Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

Chargers optimistic that receiver Mike W

Go down

Chargers optimistic that receiver Mike W Empty Chargers optimistic that receiver Mike W

Pisanie by ymakerpi8d Pon Cze 05, 2023 2:04 am

, despite suffering a significant right shoulder injury le s than two weeks ago, could be on the field when the face the in Week 1. On Thursday, Chargers offensive coordinator Shane Steichen expre sed optimism as it relates to Williams' Week 1 status."Mike's gotta be ready to play," Steichen said Ryan Strome Jersey , . "I think Mike has got that mindset to be ready to play ... We look forward to having him on September 13."The 26-year-old Williams is entering a pivotal season as far as his future earnings are concerned. The seventh overall pick in the 2017 draft, Williams, who is still in the middle of his rookie contract, is the 46th highest-paid receiver (in terms of annual salary) in the league heading into the 2020 season. That's quite a bargain for a player who led the NFL with a 20.2 yards per reception in 2019.Last season was a breakout year for Williams, who eclipsed the 1,000-yard receiving barrier for the first time in his career. His breakout performance took place Mats Zuccarello Kids Jersey in Week 9 when he caught all three of his targets for 111 yards in a road win over the . Williams is part of one of the better receiving duos in the NFL along with , a Pro Bowler each of the past three seasons. Last season, Allen caught a career-high 104 pa ses for 1,199 yards and six touchdowns. He caught at least five pa ses 12 Michael Grabner Kids Jersey times during 2019, including a 13-catch, 183-yard, two-touchdown performance in the Chargers' Week 3 lo s to the .The Chargers' offense also includes running back , who made the most of his increased playing opportunities last season in relief of . Last fall, Ekeler ama sed 1,550 all-purpose yards and 11 touchdowns, including 92 receptions for 993 yards and eight touchdowns. Ekeler's performance earned him a four-year, $24.5 million contract with $15 million guaranteed.Williams, Allen and Ekeler will look to make life easier for veteran , who earlier this week was named the Chargers' Week 1 starter. A 10-year veteran and 2015 Pro Bowler, Taylor has a 23-21-1 record as a starter. The 31-year-old Taylor has also been working closely with rookie , who recently saw time against the Chargers' first-team offense. "He's out there making plays," Taylor said of Herbert, . "There's still a learning curve, a learning proce s like with every young player in this league. But he's doing his best. He's going out there and making plays."If Williams is unable to be Greg Mckegg Men Jersey back for the season-opener, Chargers fans should expect a significant contribution from , who has seen snaps with the first-team offense following Williams' injury. Guyton, who went undrafted last spring, initially broke into the NFL with the before spending most of his rookie season on the Chargers' practice squad. Guyton started his college career at Notre Dame before transferring to North Texas, where he caught 103 pa ses for 1,580 yards and 15 touchdowns in two seasons with the Mean Green."Coach obviously wants me here taking the top off, kinda using my speed," when asked about his po sible role within the offense. "I see myself as a Dennis Rodman kinda guy. I'm here, kinda prepping myself to be the (third receiver), coming into support what we already have established (with) Keenan Allan and Mike. Stick my face in the fan, as coach would say, getting blocks, helping the whole team and the whole unit Adam Graves Jersey excel."

ymakerpi8d
Starszy Ekspert
Starszy Ekspert

Liczba postów : 166

Powrót do góry Go down

Powrót do góry